How to Make a Christmas Bow
Tying a bow on a present is the perfect way to show someone how much you care. Here's how to make two different kinds of Christmas bows.
IntroductionTying a bow on a present is the perfect way to show someone how much you care. Here's how to make two different kinds of Christmas bows.
Make Christmas Bows
The holidays are quickly approaching, bringing along with them the season of gift-giving. After you’ve purchased your presents, add a final flourish to your gift wrapping by making some Christmas bows. Intimidated by the ornate and elaborate Christmas bows you’ve seen in pictures? Don’t be. They’re really not that difficult to duplicate. Here are two different methods for making simple but eye-catching DIY bows that will put the finishing touch on any Christmas present.
Project step-by-step (10)
How to Make a Gift Bow
- First, wrap your present as you normally would and set it off to the side.
- Then, wrap the ribbon around your hands five times with each loop neatly placed on top of the previous loop.
- Do not cut the bow from the rest of the ribbon roll just yet.
- Pro tip: Use wired ribbon for this type of bow— it’ll make things much easier.
Measure Loop Size and Remove From Hand
- Lay the loop on top of the package and adjust its size to your liking. The last loop should end on the opposite side of the starting loop.
- Cut the end off from the rest of the ribbon roll.
- Remove the ribbon from your hand and fold the loop in half.